Tuesday, November 12, 2013

My thoughts run wicked sometimes.

The mind is a wicked place. Filled with doubt and fear. It plays such a crazy game with the heart. The mind can be redeemed to become a treasured tool feeding the heart with the truths that bring forth joy, peace and hope.
 
But when left to its own devices the mind gets cluttered with messes that can wreak havoc in our lives, giving way to fear and anxieties, feelings of inadequacy and depression.

As a woman I find myself battling the mind daily. Some days are precious and guided by the reminders of where I have been and where I am.

And then there are the days where my every thought seems to a boxing match with Mike Tyson. You know, those battles that say, "you're not godly enough, pretty enough, thin enough...". I am still just as vulnerable to the need to be popular and included. We will raise the question, "what is wrong with me?" if we let go and let the lies in.

I am not equipped for these fights. I lose every time. No matter what and how far I have come if I stand on my own I fall.

When I said, " My foot is slipping," your love, O Lord, supported me.

When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul. Psalm 94:18-19

Asking for help or admitting the need for help is the hard part. It's the biggest part of the battle because once we ask for help nothing can stop the rest of the battle from crumbling.

Like the string on a rug if you don't tug at it it stays right there. Not where it belongs and not adding anything, just there. But give it a tug and the old comes unraveling with great ease making room for restoration and a restringing of beauty. Take the step and fill your mind with the truths that the Spirit uses as a tool for the great purpose of feeding your heart and your soul.


Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with Thanksgiving present your request to God. and the Peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers,whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things. Philippians 4:6-8

No comments: