Tuesday, December 24, 2013

T'was the Night before Christmas.

There are days and nights and nights and days that seem to roll into one in my little world. As I hustle and bustle I think I can even forget to breath. So by the time it is dark and I have finally laid down in bed I wonder what on earth did I do today?

By Gods glorious grace I was alive and I find peace in that; that I was allowed to see today with the bright sunrise in the morning and the bright moon to fill the dark sky at night.

I made coffee and prepped for dinner. I wiped up some messes, but more realistically I probably complained and raised my voice over those messes more than I care to admit. I drove back and forth and then back and forth some more. I believe there was a few dozen loads and unloads of laundry and some more mess and certainly some more of my raised voice - who are we kidding, it’s yelling.

But in the midst of all that. I saw love. I felt love, and, as if I had never experienced that before, it melted me. Because I have learned to let it, after all these years of walking with my God, I have finally learned to take in the love that is in every moment:

It's the smile from the store clerk that you know wishes she was clocking out instead of in.

The stories of what my kids days were like while away from me give way to love, a trusting and deep love.

The silent support from my man as he works long hours away from his castle.

The choice to be thankful for dirty dishes and the prep of yet another meal or school project.

I can find myself floundering in this life I’ve been given. But I am loving the literal minute by minute love notes Jesus has been leaving me my whole life that I now see and breath in.

Today is a new day and in fact it is the day before Christmas. There are last minute gifts to be purchased. Cookies to be baked. Certainly some house cleaning to be accomplished. Definitely some driving back and forth and then back and forth some more.

But, even more so there is love. Being patient is love, serving another is love, listening is love, letting go is love.

I will yell today. I know it because I'm flawed. I will probably even find myself clinging to more stress and life nonsense then this abundant love from Christ that I write about. Thankfully I can say I am my beloveds and He is mine. I will eventually let go again, see the grace and breath.

I want to go see what today holds.

No comments: